What’s all the rage about Bone Broth?
- The gelatin helps seal up holes in the intestines which can help cure chronic diarrhea, constipation and some food intolerance’s.
- It protects the joints like Glucosamine
- Makes your skin, hair and nails healthier.
- Glycine, that is found in bone broth, can help you to sleep and feel better. It also helps with memory function.
- The high concentration of minerals is like a super food and helps with immunity’s.
- The phosphorous, magnesium and calcium that come out of the bones directly back to your bones.
- Gives you energy for that afternoon crash.
- It’s economical so why would you waste the carcass or soups bones from beef. And you
- can add veggies that are slightly old to your broth for added flavor and nutrients.
- 4 lbs beef bones with marrow
- 4 carrots
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 medium onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 sprigs parsely
- 1/4 cup Braggs Apple Cider vinegar
- 18-20 cups water
4 pounds beef bones with marrow
4 carrots, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
2 medium onions, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
4 garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
2 bay leaves
3 sprigs fresh thyme
5-6 sprigs parsley
¼ cup ACV
18-20 cups cold water
Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity crock-pot.
Add in water.
1. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce and simmer gently, skimming the fat that rises to the surface occasionally.
2. Simmer for 24-48 hours.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
5. Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.
You can use any type of bone, whether is be chicken or beef.
Use any kind of vegetable or herb.
After you have cooked it to desired time you can keep it warm in the crockpot all week or place in the fridge in glass mason jars or glass container.
When it’s time to eat, reheat and add fresh veggies like onions and carrots and fresh basil or parsley.
It’s really up to you on what you add. Make it tasty so that you will enjoy a cup a day!!